A random sample of 1001 University of California faculty members taken in December 1995 was asked, "Do you favor or oppose using race, religion, sex, color, ethnicity or national origin as a criterion for admission to the University of California?" (Roper Center, 1996). 52%...
Ashley drove 225 miles using 10 gallons of gas. At this rate, hoe many gallons of gas would she need to drive 279 miles?
1) A car is traveling on a straight road with velocity at time . For seconds, the car s acceleration , in , is the piecewise linear function defined by the graph above.
howmany no of vetices in the graph does exist self complementary
A random sample is selected from a normal population with a mean of u=40 and a standard deviation of q=10. After a treatment is administered to the individuals in a the sample, the sample mean is found to be M=42. How large a sample is necessary for this sample mean to be statistically...
Find a formula for Fn+2 - Fn-2
Given g(x + h) g(x) = 8xh + h + 4h2 , use the secant line calculation to find g '(x) .
Week 3: Week 3 - Assignment #1 Assignment #1: JET Copies Case Problem Read the JET Copies Case Problem on pages 678-679 of the text. Using simulation estimate the loss of revenue due to copier breakdown for one year, as follows: In Excel, use a suitable method for generating...
3 under root1-x2 x dx
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?