Suppose y = f(x) is a curve that always lies above the x-axis and never has a horizontal tangent, where f is differentiable everywhere. For what value of y is the rate of change of y4 with respect to x 256 times the rate of change of y with respect to x?
Each year Darlene received a 20 percent salary increase over what she had been paid the year before. She worked for the company for 3 full years. If her total salary for 3 years was $29,120, how much did she make the first year?
One number is 2 greater than another. The product of the number is 143. Find the numbers.
1. Determine the domain of the average cost, in dollars, that you anticipate the average American family might be willing to pay for one gallon of white milk. Provide a reasonable range, keeping in mind that some families do not drink milk, no matter the cost (that s a hint on the low end of...
The height h, in feet of a golf ball shot upward from a ground level sprint gun is described by the formula h=-16tsquared+48t where t is the time in seconds. When will the ball hit the ground again?
please solve 20x+3=103
Ref CraigB Smith's book, "EXTREME WAVES". Two apparent typos or ??. 1. The definition of heaving too on page 254 he seems to have his rudder reversed for this maneuvering and should be locked to windward, not leeward? 2. His formula for frequency of waves seems in error....
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?