The monthly charge for a waste collection service is 16 dollars for 60 kilograms of waste and 28 dollars for 180 kilograms of waste. (a) Find a linear function for the cost, C , of waste collection as a function of the number of kilograms of waste, w.
what is 200+400
A manufacturer of corrugated metal roofing wants to produce panels that are 28 in wide and 2 in thick by processing flat sheets of metal. The profile of the roofing takes the shape of a sine wave. Verify that the sine curve has equation y=sin( x/7) and find the width w of a flat metal sheet...
what is the mean of this data set 225 342 288 552 263
A plane flies 430 miles with the wind and 320 miles against the wind in the same length of time. If the speed of the wind is 22 mph, what is the speed of the plane in still air?
The price of an item is initially $600. For the first 2 years the price increases by $15 each year. For the next 7 years the price decreases by $30 per year. From then on the price increases by $20 per year. Find a piecewise-defined function P that specifies the price of the item after t years...
11. The Morningstar Top Fund lists at the Morningstar.com website give the mean yearly return and the standard deviation of the returns for each of the listed funds. As given by Morningstar.com on March 17, 2005, the RS Internet Age Fund has a mean yearly return of 10.93 percent with a standard...
WHATS 20% OF 130,000?
A cup of coffee at 176 degrees is poured into a mug and left in a room at 76 degrees. After 1 minutes, the coffee is 133 degrees. what is the temperature after 11 minutes
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?