Suppose p varies jointly as the cube of q and the cube root of r . If p=12 when q=8 and r=5, what is p if q=15 and r=7?
Read the &acirc; JET Copies&acirc; Case Problem on pages 678-679 of the text. Using simulation estimate the loss of revenue due to copier breakdown for one year, as follows: 1. In Excel, use a suitable method for generating the number of days needed to repair the...
55 degrees, 52 feet
How do you find the horizontal asymptotes and removable discontinuities?
Under ideal conditions a certain bacteria population is known to double every four hours. Suppose there are initially 130 bacteria. (a) What is the size of the population after 20 hours? (b) What is the size of the population after t hours? (c) What is the size of the population...
An Alfa Romeo going at 70 mph requires 160 feet to stop. Assuming that the stopping distance is proportional to the square of velocity, find the stopping distances required by an Alfa Romeo going at 35 mph and at 140 mph (its top speed).
A farmer wishes to enclose a rectangular region with 533 meters of fencing in such a way that the length is five times the width and that the region is divided along its length into two parts.
norman widow has a primeter of 18ft whats its area?
A box with a square base of side z is three times higher than it is wide. Express the volume V of the box as a function of z.
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?