a company wishes to manufacture a box with a voume of 16 cubic feet that is open on top and is twice as long as it is wide. find the width of the box that can be produced using the minimun amount of material.
A stone is thrown upward from ground level. The initial speed is 384 feet per second. In how many seconds will the stone hit the ground?
The circumference of a sphere was measured to be 85000 cm with a possible error of 050000 cm. Use linear approximation to estimate the maximum error in the calculated surface area. Estimate the relative error in the calculated surface area
1,000,000 x 1,000,000 x 12
) The altitude of a triangle is increasing at a rate of 2000 centimeters/minute while the area of the triangle is increasing at a rate of 2000 square centimeters/minute. At what rate is the base of the triangle changing when the altitude is 8000 centimeters and the area is 90000 square centimeters?
Jefferson park sits on one square city block 300 ft on each side. Sidewalks join opposite corners. About how long is each diagonal sidewalk.
d=3t-2 how is d changing in respect to t
when introduced in 1997, a DVD player sold for about $500. Five years later the average price was $155. Find and interpret the average rate of change per year?
If 12 tires are chosen at random, what is the probability that at least 1 tires will last more than 40,000 miles
A football player runs for 1050 yards in 2000 and for 980 yards in 2004. Find the average rate of change in his performance.
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?