A gardener has 390 feet of fencing and wants to fence in a rectangular garden and then divide it into two plots with a piece of fencing parallel to one pair of sides. If the dividing fence is x feet long, write the area A of the garden as a function of x
the cable of suspension bridge are in the shape of parabola. The towers supporting the cable are 600 feet apart and 80 feet high. If the cable touch the road surface midway between the towers, what is the height of the cable from the road at a point 150 feet from the center og the bridge ?
mn - 4m - 5n + 20
a factory produces 5,000 car parts each day. a manager at the factory estimates that no more than 135 defective parts are produced each day. a random sample of 50 parts shows that 2 are defective.determine wheather the managers estimate is likely to be accurate. explain
what does 880 over 292 reduce to in lowest terms
The Mendes family bought a new house 10 years ago for $120000. The house is now worth $191000. Assuming a steady rate of growth, what was the yearly rate of appreciation
find the point of inersection or this pair of lines x=-2y-3 4y-x=9
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?