a can in the shape of a right circular cylinder is required to have a volume of 500 cubic centimeters. the top and bottom are made of material that cost 8 cents per square centimeter, while the sides are made of material that costs 4 cents per centimeter
If an open box has a square base and a volume of 118 in.3 and is constructed from a tin sheet, find the dimensions of the box, assuming a minimum amount of material is used in its construction. (Round your answers to two decimal places.)
A goat is tied to a barrel with a rope. The rope, from the outside of the barrel to the goat is 10 feet. The radius of the barrel is 2 feet. If the goat walks 300 degrees, stops, and walks northeast (tangent) until he runs out of rope. What are his coordinates? The center of the barrel is the...
Prove that the n-dimensional hypercube, Qn, is bipartite. You might do this by describing two sets of vertices (say B and W) such that every edge of Qn has one end in B and the other end in W. Explain why each edge of Qn has one end in B and the other in W.
3 discrete math question.
Factor completely 189x^3 + 448
3 discrete math problem
can u finsih this on time?
find the value of x and y
A manufacturer of college textbooks is interested in estimating the strength of the bindings produced by a particular binding machine. Strength can be measured by recording the force required to pull the pages from the binding. If this force is measured in pounds, how many books should be...
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?