353 people attend a play at a private club. Members get tickets at $2.75, while non-members have to pay $6.50. If the total gate for the playcame to $1762, how many members and non-members came to the play?
Two numbers total 83 and have a difference of 17. Find the two numbers.
if a plane is traveling at 385 mph against the wind current and 455 mph against the wind how fast is the plane traveling
Sorry Tim, just the Week Four Discussion 2
90% of a radioactive material remains after 30 days. Part 1: Find the decay constant. IMPORTANT: Decimal answers will be marked incorrect--a decimal point can't be ANYWHERE in your answer
Explain how you would find the product of 2012 and 208. Include either the exponent rule or the expanded method in your explanation. Give your answer in exponential form.
A poll of 64 students found that 30% were in favor of raising tution to build a new math building. The standard deviation of this poll is 5%. What would be the standard deviation if the sample size were increased from 64 to 190?
Sugar packaged by a certain machine has a mean weight of 3 lb and a standard deviation of 0.03 lb. For what values of c can the manufacturer of the machinery claim that the sugar packaged by this machine has a weight between 3 - c and 3 + c lb with probability at least 75%?
Differentiating C(x)=2X^2-28x+560 gives C'(x)=4X-28
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?