Aaron bought 6 books and 2 notebooks for $46.86. Erin bought 2 books and 6 notebooks for$27.78. How much does one book cost?
Suppose that 660 ft of fencing is used to enclose a corral in the shape of a rectangle with a semicircle whose diameter is a side of the rectangle. (In the figure below, the blue outline represents the fencing.) Find the dimensions of the corral with maximum area.
Calculus assignment attached.
South Central Utilities has just announced the August 1 opening of its second nuclear generator at its Baton Rouge, LA nuclear power plant. Its personnel department has been directed to determine how many nuclear technicians need to be hired and trained over the remainder of the year. The plant...
The third-degree polynomial was found by following the Zero Product Property. For example, since x = -1, then x + 1 = 0. Therefore, if the zeros are -1, 2, and 3, then f(x) = (x + 1)(x 2)(x 3) = 0. After multiplying, the resulting function is f(x) = x3 4x2 + x + 6. Recall that the...
The following sum is a finite Fourier series. f(x) = N ai sin(ix) i = 1 = a1 sin(x) + a2 sin(2x) + a3 sin(3x) + . . . + aN sin(Nx) The nth coefficient an is given by the equation shown below. an = (1/ ) f(x) sin(nx) dx Let f(x) = x. Find a1, a2, and a3. a1 =...
find the radius or diameter of each circle with the given dimensions. 1.r=13cm 2.d=4ft 3.r=10mm 4.d=16in 5.r=7mi 6.d=22yd
Coffee is being poured into a mug at a constant rate. Sketch a rough graph of the depth of the coffee in the mug as a function of time. Account for the shape of the graph in terms of concavity. What is the significance of the inflection point?
Rancher Johann wants to build a three-sided rectangular fence near a river, using 220 yards of fencing. Assume that the river runs straight and that Johann need not fence in the side next to the river.
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?