complete exercises 35 and 37 in the Real World Applications section on page 230 of Mathematics in Our World.
Using the addition or subtraction formulas for sine: addition formula sin(s + t) = sin s cos t + cos s sin t or the subtraction formula: sin(s + t) = sin s cos t - cos s sin t. What is the exact value of the expression cos(285 degrees)? Please show steps and give explanation so I can know...
Find the absolute maximum and minimum values of f on the set D. f(x,y)=1+4x-5y. D is the closed triangular region with vertices (0,0) (2,0) (0,3)
A good math book on rectangular and polar cordinates, that I can check out of the city Library. Thank You Larry
There are two numbers whose product is 98 and quotient is 2. What are the 2 numbers?
Following completion of your readings complete exercises 35 & 37 in the "Real World Applications" section on page 230 om "Mathematics on our World"
The value of a graphing calculator is $225. After 2 years, the value of this calculator is $160. Find the value of the calculator after 5 years. (HINT: Let the time now be 0, the time in two years be 2, and the time in five years be 5.)
If y = 7 is a horizontal asymptote of a rational function f, then which of the following must be true? a. lim f(x)=infinity x-->7 b. lim f(x)= -7 x-->-infinity c. lim f(x)=7 x-->0 d. lim f(x)=0 x-->7 e. lim f(x)=7 x-->infinity
what are the steps to solve and graph y-5 = 3(x-1)
At a large midwestern college, 4% of the students are Hispanic. A random sample of 20 students are selected. Let X denote the number of Hispanics among them. The mean of X is
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?