The height of a ball (in feet) t seconds after it is thrown straight upward is determined by h(t)=16t^2+48t+7. How long did it take the ball to hit the ground?
express are of figure as a monomial rectangle width 3ab to the second length 6a to second power b to the fourth power
what is the union of j and k j.(5678) k.(579)
emily is making a pencil drawing in the same proportions as her favorite painting. her favorite painting is a triangle with a base of 3 feet and a height of 4 fee. emily's drawing has a height of 3 in. how many inches wide should the base of her drawing be?
See a pattern on a diagram? On an H-R kind, that's what I am. I'm composed of normal stars, you see, But they vary significantly! The main properties of stars (there's 5) (One's for how long the stars are alive) Follow trends in me. Some spots I'm quite dense....
li fong covered the rectangular floor of his tree house with 48 square feet of carpeting. If one side of the floor has a lenghth of 6feet, what is the lenght of the adjacent side
For a lower tail test, the p-value is the probability of obtaining a value for the test statistic?
A chemist needs 180 milliliters of a 40% solution but has only 28% and 46% solutions available. Find how many milliliters of the 46% solution you need to get the desired solution.
A Norman window has the shape of a rectangle capped by a semicircle (see sketch below). What is the length of the base of a Norman window of maximum area if the perimeter of the window equals 9?
what is the area of a cake the has frosting on the top of the cake and the sides the diameter is 10 in and the high is 3 in
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?