x times y equals -576 and the sum of x and y equal -89. what is x and y?
the population mean annual salary for nurses is $45000 with a standard deviation of $2000. a) What is the mean of the sampling distribution of the sample mean salary for n=35 nurses? b) What is the standard error of the sampling distribution of the sample mean where n=35? c) Find the...
scale factors would produce a contraction under a dilation of the original image
How do I make a factor firework to find the prime factorization of 42?
A city lot has the shape of a right triangle whose hypotenuse is 9 ft longer than one of the other sides. The perimeter of the lot is 340 ft. How long is each side of the lot?
the depth of a pond is 180 cm and is being reduced by 1 cm per week. the depth of a second pond is 160 cm and is being reduced by 1/2 cm per week. if the depths of both ponds continue to be reduced at these constant rates, in about how many weeks will the pond have the same depth?
100 pencils and pens sold for total of $83. How many pens and pencils were sold? I figured out answer but dont know how to write equation
A printer charges $65 for 100 copies and $105 for 500 copies. Write and equation relating the cost y and the number of copies x. How many copies can be printed for $200?
In right triangle BCD, BD = 12, m C = 90, and m DBC = 47. Find DC to the nearest tenth.
durable press cotton fabrics are treated to improve their recovery from wrinkles after washing. unfortunately the treatment also reduces the strength of the fabric. the breaking strength of untreated fabric is Normally distributed with mean 58 pounds and standard deviation 2.3 pounds. the same...
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?