a box with no top is to be made by cutting a 2-inch square from each corner of a square sheet of metal. after bending up the sides, the volume of the box is to be 220 cubic inches. find the length of a side of the square sheet of metal that should be used in the construction of the box. round to...
A trough is feet long, feet wide, and feet deep. The vertical cross-section of the trough parallel to an end is shaped like an isoceles triangle (with height feet, and base, on top, of length feet). The trough is to be filled with water (density 62.4 lbs/cubic foot). Find the amount of work...
HELP WITH QUESTIONS ATTACHED.
If 5000 dollars is invested at an interest rate of 7 percent per year, find the value of the investment at the end of 5 years for the following compounding methods.
how to round to the nearest hundredths
A water slide is 26ft high the angle between the slide and the water is 33.5 what is the length of the slide?
Assume that the probability of a 22-year-old female living to age 23, based on mortality tables, is 0.995. If a $1,000 one-year term life insurance policy on a 22-year-old female costs $20.50, what is its expected value?
An aquarium long, wide, and deep is full of water. The density of water is and the force of gravity is , a) Find the work needed to pump all of the water out of the aquarium.
Attached are the questions from calculus. Please show the diagram too.
List the coordinates of two points on the graph in (x, y) form. The numbers on the horizontal axis are 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, and 3.5.
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?