a plane flies 400 miles with the wind and 320 miles against the wind in the same length of time. If the speed of the wind is 29 mph, what is the speed of the plane in still air?
show me an algebraic equation for average rainfall in a week
A box has square ends and a rectangular base but no top, the volume is 288 cubic cm. What is the minimum total area of the sides and base, and what are the corresponding dimensions?
A company purchases shipments of machine components and uses this acceptance sampling plan: Randomly select and test 22 components and accept the whole batch if there are fewer than 3 defectives. If a particular shipment of thousands of components actually has a 7% rate of defects, what is the...
(0, (34)), (0,5)
a certain radio wave travels in a path represented by the equation y=5sin2x. what is the period of this wave?
Please help answer questions.
the region in the first quadrant enclosed between the graph of y = ax -x2 and the x-axis generates the same volume whether it is revolved about the x-axis or the y-axis. use analytic methods to find the value of a.
the distribution of birth weights for three gestation periods are shown. Match the curves with the gestation periods. Explain you reasoning.
A person hired a firm to build a CB raido tower. The firm charges $100 for labor he first 10 feet. After that, the cost of the labor for each succeeding 10 feet is $25 more than the preceding 10 feet. That is, the next 10 feet will cost $125, the next 10 feet will cost $150, etc. How much will it...
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?