Prove that (Z_n, +, *), where + and * are multiplication mod n, is a field if and only if n is prime. In this case, the field is denoted by F_n.
Let s be a non-zero rational number, and let K be the set of pairs (a,b) of rational numbers, written as a+br, where r is a fixed symbol. Define operations on K by: (a+br) + (c+dr) = (a+c) + (b+d)r (a+br)(c+dr) = (ac+sbd) + (ad+bc)r Show that K with these operations is a field if and only...
Prove that the characteristic of field is either 0 or a prime number.
Find the length of the legs of a 45 -45 -90 triangle with a hypotenuse of 4root2?
is this a permutation or a combination? In how many ways can 5 taxi car drivers be assigned to 6 different models of cars?
Carl wants to construct three rectangular dog-trainig arenas side-by-side, as shown, using a total of 340 feet of fencing. What should the overall length and width be in order to maximize the area of the three combined arenas?
If the argument below is valid, name which of the four valid forms of argument is represented. If it is not valid, name the fallacy that is represented. If Sally is on vacation, then Tom is at work. If Tom is at work, then the line at the post office is long. Therefore, if Sally is on...
what is the half angle of sec 15pie/8
MTH133 Unit 4 Individual Project 2 1. Use the graph of f(x) = x2 to match the function to its corresponding graph. In words describe the transformation that occurs (ex: The graph of f(x) is shifted 6 units to the left).
3. You recently started the paperwork to purchase a new home, and you were just notified that you can move into the house in 2 weeks. You decide to hire a moving company, but are unsure which company to choose. You search online and are interested in contacting two companies, Heavy Lifters and...
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?