A swimming pool is 12 meters long ,6 meters wide, 1 meter deep at the shallow end, and 3 meters deepat the deep end (see figure). Water is being pumped into thepool at 1/4 cubic meter per minute, and there is 1 meter of waterat the deep end. (a) What percent ofthe pool is filled? (b) At...
The aircraft carrier tallahassee is traveling at sea on a steady course with a bearing of 30 degrees at 32 mph. Patrol planes on the carries have enough fuel for 2.6 hr of flight when traveling at a speed of 520 mph. One of the pilots takes off on a bearing of 338 degrees and then turns and heads...
An airplane flying at an altitude of 6 miles passes directly over a radar antenna. When the airplane is 10 miles away (s = 10), the radar detects that the distance s is changing at a rate of 250 miles per hour. What is the speed of the airplane?
a labaratory designed a radio telescope with a diameter of 320 feet and a maximum depth of 48 feet. the graph depicts a cross section of this telescope. find the equation of this parabola.
2. In 2000, the General Social Survey (GSS) asked subjects whether they would be willing to pay much higher taxes in order to protect the environment. Of n = 1167 respondents, 369 indicated a willingness to do so. Find a 95% confidence interval for the population proportion of adult Americans...
suppose a varies jointly as b and the square root of c and inversely as d^2, and a=6 when b=4, c=81, and d=3. Find a when b=20, c=36 and d=2
Find exact coordinates of the centroid of the region in the first quadrant bounded by the given curves. y = x4 x = y4
A heated rod with temperature 200 C is left to cool down in a room with temperature 30 C . Suppose the temperature of the rod at time t is modeled by where A,B and K are constants and t is measured in minutes. If the temperature of the rod falls to 100 C after 10 minutes , compute A,B and K
The owner of a football team claims that the average attendance at games is over 727, and he is therefore justified in moving the team to a city with a larger stadium. Assuming that a hypothesis test of the claim has been conducted and that the conclusion is failure to reject the null...
2/7y=-10 What does y equal
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?