let h_n denote the number of ways to perfectly cover a 1-by-n board with monominoes and dominoes in such a way that no two dominoes are consecutive. find, but do not solve, a recurrence relation and initial conditions satisfied by h_n.
Stastistic questions . When the population variance or standard deviation is not known, it is impossible to use a z-score for a hypothesis test. (Points: 1) True False 2. A hypothesis test produces t = 2.062 for a sample of n = 25 scores. For a two-tailed test with a =...
Complete the table below giving the amount P that must be invested at interest rate 7 % compounded weekly to obtain a balance of A = $70000 in t years. (1,10,20,30,40,50 years)
Find the vertex of the parabola y = -2x^2 + 12x - 13
classify this system: x + y = 3 y = 2x - 3
A plane headed due east is traveling with an airspeed of 270 miles per hour. The wind currents are moving with constant speed in the direction 240 . If the ground speed of the plane is 135 miles per hour, what is its true course?
AIDS Cases From 1993 to 2003 the cumulative number N of AIDS cases in thousands can be approximated by, where corresponds to the year 1993. (a) Use the equation to find N for each year in the table. (b) Discuss how well this equation approximates the data. (c) Rewrite the equation with...
If you have 260 feet of fencing and want to enclose a rectangular area up against a long, straight wall, what is the largest area you can enclose?
Find a Linear Function that F that expresses temperature Fahrenheit scale in terms of degrees Celsius C.
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?