The cost of manufacturing a molded part is related to the quantity produced during a production run. When 100 parts are produced, the cost is $300. When 500 parts are produced, the cost is $3900. What is the average cost per part?
the average value of a certain type of automobile was $14,700 in 1995 and depreciated to $9180 in 1998. let y be the average value if the automobile in the year x, where x=0 represents 1995. write a linear equation that models the value of the automobile in terms of the year x..
p(x)= -2x^2 + 5x +4 A. Opens Upward or downward B. Find the y-intercept C. find the vertex D. find the x-intercept E. Graph it
a rectangle capped with a right triangle on one end and a semicircle on the other with the height of 12ft and lengths on both top and bottom with 20 fh and 29ft
9) max f(x1,x2) =3*x1-(x*1-1)^2+3*x2-(x2-2)^2 subject to 4*x1+x2<=20 x1+4*x2<=20 x1>=0, x2>=0 obtaine the kkt conditions for this problem you are given the information that the optimal solution does not lie on the boundary of the feasible region.use...
A rectangular page is to contain 54 square inches of printable area. The margins at the top and bottom of the page are each 1 inch, one side margin is 1 inch, and the other side margin is 2 inches. What should the dimensions of the page be so that the least amount of paper is used?
airport b is 300 miles from airport a at a bearing N 50 degrees E. A pilot wishing to fly from airport a to airport b mistakenly flies due east at 200 mi/h for 30 minutes, when he notices his error. How far is the pilot from his destination at the time he notices the error?
The area of a parallelogram is 342 cm^2. The sum of its bases is 36 cm. Each slanted side measures 20 cm. What is the height?
The volume (V) of a gas varies inversely as the pressure (P) upon it. The volume of a gas is 200 cubic centimeters under a pressure of 32 kg per square centimeter. What will be its volume under a pressure of 20 kg per square centimeter?
trapezoid has an area of 80.75 sq. in., and its two bases are 7 and 12 inches long. find the height of the trapezoid.
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?