Water is flowing at the rate of 50 cubic meters per min from a shallow concrete conical reservoir (vertex down) of base radius 45 m and height 6 m. How fast (centimeters per minute) is the water level falling when the water is 5 m deep? How fast is the radius of the water's surface changing...
Two tracking stations are on an east-west line 110 miles apart. A weather balloon is located on a bearing of N 42 E from the western station and a bearing of N 15 E from the eastern station. How far away is the balloon from the eastern station? From the Western Station?
tickets for the baseball game are $10 for adults and $5 for students.if "a" is the number of adults and "s" of students,the expression below can be used to find the cost of the tickets. 10a+5s
Explain how factoring a trinomial with a leading coefficient of one is related to the FOIL method of multiplication. Give an example of this relationship.
Assignment #2: Internet Field Trip Research: Research at least six (6) information sources on forecasting methods; take notes and record and interpret significant facts, meaningful graphics, accurate sounds and evaluated alternative points of view. Preparation: Produce as storyboard with...
let f be the function defined by f(x) = 12x^(2/3) - 4x. a) find the intervals on which f is increasing. b) Find the x and y coordinates of all relative maximum points
A circular swimming pool has diameter 54 feet and is centered in a fenced-in square region measuring 82 feet by 82 feet. A concrete sidewalk 4 feet wide encircles the pool, and the rest of the region is grass, as shown in the picture below.
When using the substitution method to solve a nonlinear system of equations, you should first see if you can _____ one variable in one of the equations in the system.
Use may use either the P-value method or the Traditional Method to solve the following problems 1. In a clinical study of an allergy drug, 108 of the 203 subjects reported experiencing significant relief from their symptoms. Using a significance level of .01, test the claim that more than half...
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?