if an object is dropped from a height of 59 feet, the funtion d=-16t^2 +59 gives the height of the object after t seconds. Graph this function. Approximately how long does it take the oject to reach the ground (d=0)?
The half-life of a certain radioactive material is 75 days. An initial amount of the material has a mass of 381 kg. Write an exponential function that models the decay of this material. Find how much radioactive material remains after 15 days. Round your answer to the nearest thousandth.
The perimeter of a square garden is 248 metres. What is the length of each side?
The heights, h, of the students in the chorus at Central Middle School satisfy the inequality |h-57.5/2| 3.25 when h is measured in inches. Determine the interval in which these heights lie and express your answer to the nearest tenth of a foot. [Only an algebraic solution can...
Part 1: If you were solving a system of equations and you came to a statement like 1 = 3, what do you know about the solution(s) to this system? Part 2: Solve the following system and show all of your work. x 2y = 14 x + 3y = 9
a local hamburger shop sold a combined total of 437 hamburgers and cheeseburgers on Thursday. there were 63 fewer cheeseburgers than hamburgers. how many hamburgers were sold on Thursday?
compute (|2u,1,1 ; 1,2v,1 ; 1,1,2w|)
integral of square wave? i dont know what to do
A bolt falls 400 ft. What was its speed when it hit the ground? Use v2=64s
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?