write an equation for: a toy rocket is launched from the top of a building 88 feet tall at an initial velocity of 181 feet per second.
A trough is to be made with an end of the dimensions shown. The length of the trough is to be 21ft long. Only the angle theta can be varied. What value of theta will maximize the trough's volume??
If y varies directly with x, and y is 84 when x is 16, which of the following represents this situation?
A ball is thrown vertically upward with an initial velocity of 48ft/sec and a height of 8ft, then its height s(t) from the ground level at time t is given by s(t) = -16t2 + 48t + 8. (1) Determine the time it takes the ball to reach its maximum height: (2) Determine the maximum height the ball...
cos 4x cos 3x plus sin 4x sin 3x
0.436 as fraction
26. $1580 deposited semiannually at 8% for 10 years
what is Non-Euclidean Geometry?
A rancher has 1200m of fencing to enclose 2 rectangular corrals. The corrals have the same dimensions and one side in common. What dimensions will maximize the enclosed area?
An anchor weighing 70 lb in water is attached to a chain weighing 4 lb/ft in water. Find the work done to haul the anchor and chain to the surface of the water from a depth of 45 ft.
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?