how do i find the average rate of change of a function with a given interval. y=2x^3-5x^2+7; x=5
Electric Depot sells boxes of high efficiency light bulbs ($8 box) ans switch plates ($10 each). In June, total sales were $42,000. Customers bought 5 times as many boxes of light bulbs as switch plates. How many of each did Electric Depot sell?
A 260 in. piece of wire is divided into two pieces and each piece is bent into a square. How should this be done in order to minimize the sum of the areas of the two squares? (a) Express the sum of the areas of the squares in terms of the lengths x (smaller piece) and y (larger piece).
HI I have three questions for the day. Please could you answer for me. Thanks
Here is my question # 1
Here is my question # 2
A spring has a natural length of 24 cm. If a 28 N force is required to keep it stretched to a length of 36 cm, how much work W is required to stretch it from 24 cm to 32 cm? (Round your answer to the nearest hundredth.)
here is question #3
A retailer spent $48 to purchase a number of special mugs. Two of them were broken in the store, but by selling each of the remaining mugs for 43 above the original cost per mug, she made a total profit of $22. Construct a quadratic equation that will allow us to solve for the number of mugs,...
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?