Suppose N in L(V) is nilpotent. Prove that 0 is only eigenvalue.
Write a paragraph or two comparing and contrasting all methods of solving systems of linear equations with two variables. Explain which method you prefer and why. Support your answer by appropriate examples.
a quotient of a number and 3, subtracted from 10
5/8x + 3/5 = 8
Find the areas of the shaded parts of the figures in Exercises 62.
[2x 3 3z]=[5 3y 9]
a total of $ 14,000 is invested in two funds paying 4% and 5% annual interest. The combined interest is $620 a)write a system of equations to model this problem b). graph this system and use the graph to estimate how much was invested in each fund?
Let v= [-3 5 5 5] Find a basis of the subspace of R^4 consisting of all vectors perpendicular to v .
Classify each curve. Assume no degenerates. 1) x^2+3y^2+2x+y+1=0 2) 3x^2-2y+4x=6
If, on the first observation, the system is in state 2, what is the probability that it alternates between states 1 and 2 for the first four observations (i.e., it occupies state 2, then state 1, then state 2, and finally state 1 again)?
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?