A total of 682 tickets were sold for the school play. They were either adult tickets or student tickets. There were 68 fewer student tickets sold than adult tickets. How many adult tickets were sold?
Your weekly paycheck is 15 percent less than your coworker's. Your two paychecks total 695. Find the amount of each paycheck.
Describe a process you can use to factor out GCF of a polynomial
if a log truck traveled 176 miles in one direction during a snow storm the return trip in rainy weather was accomplished at doub le the speed and took 4 hours less time
The perimeter of rectangle z is equal to its area. Rectangle y has the same perimeter as rectangle z. The length of rectangle y is five inches and the width is three inches. Explain how you can find the length
Write a brief explanation of Lobachevsky's geometry.
"1) The annual inflation rate, r, for a five year period is given below: t 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 r 3.4% 2.8% 1.6% 2.3% 2.7% a) By what total percent did prices rise between the start of 2000 and the end of 2004?________ b) What is the average annual inflation rate for this time...
I need help with math 221
x + y = 12, x - y = -2
An anatomy teacher hypothesizes that the final grades in her class are distributed as 10% A's, 23% B's, 45% C's, 14% D's, and 8% F's. If at the end of the semester she has the following grades was she correct in her hypothesis?
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?