A trough is 8 feet long and 1 foot high. The vertical cross-section of the trough parallel to an end is shaped like the graph of y=x^10 from x=-1 to x=1 . The trough is full of water. Find the amount of work in foot-pounds required to empty the trough by pumping the water over the top. Note: The...
(1 pt) A trough is 8 feet long and 1 foot high. The vertical cross-section of the trough parallel to an end is shaped like the graph of y=x^10 from x=-1 to x=1 . The trough is full of water. Find the amount of work in foot-pounds required to empty the trough by pumping the water over the top....
FRICTION:a horizontal force of 5.5lb is required to start a cart weighing 20lb on which there is a child weighing 40lb. find the coefficient of static friction
the aircraft carrier is traveling at sea on a steady course with a bearing of 30 degrees at 32 mph. patrol planes on the carrier have enough fuel for 2.6 hr of flight when when traveling at a speed of 520 mph. one of the pilots takes off on a bearing of 338 degrees and then turns and heads in a...
a tree casts a 12 ft. shadow. The tree is 8ft tall. How far is the top of the tree to the end of the shadow?
Ada is paid 4% commission on all computer sales. If she needs a montly income of $2,500, find the monthly sales volume she must meet.
Use summation notation to write the arithmetic series for the specified number of terms. 17,25,3,41,...;12terms
73-(b+8) - 2(3b+4) = 6b -2(b-5) +69
I have a son who is at Corinth High School taking Calculus AB as a junior. The school doesn't offer a higher math. They will work with us to offer him a higher math for his senior year. His senior year (this fall) Can he take Calculus BC or Statistics via distance learning with Ole Miss...
use power reducing formula to rewrite the function f(x)= 6cos^2x-3
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?