Let y = -10x + 161 represent the number of students present in a large class, where x represents the number of hours of study required weekly. What is the rate of change of the number of students in the class with respect to the number of hours of study?
from a base elevation of 8700 ft. a mountain peak in colorado rises to a summit elevation of 14872 ft over a horizontal of 15841 ft. find the grade of the peak.
what is the solution set to 2x + 9> x +13
The sums and products of pairs of intergers are given. Find each pair of integers. a. Sum= -12, Product= 36 b. Sum= -12, product= 32 c. Sum= -12, product= 0
Interval x1 _ Annual wage in dollars Ordinal x2 _ Industry (1 _ Manufacturing, 2 _ Construction, 0 _ Other) Ordinal x3 _ Occupation (1 _ Mgmt., 2 _ Sales, 3 _ Clerical, 4 _ Service, 5 _ Prof.,0 _ Other) Interval x4 _ Years of education Nominal x5 _ Southern resident (1 _ Yes, 0 _ No)...
4. The line represents an estimate of the average cost of gasoline each year. The line estimates the price of gasoline in January of each year ( Consumer price index, 2006). a. Do you expect the lines to be intersecting, parallel, or perpendicular? Explain your reasoning....
while commuting to work in orlando,florida.marcia drives one-half the distance that melissa drives each day john drives 17 miles more than melissa each day.in one day.these three people drive 112 miles communiting to work.how far does each drive each day?
21 = 35 cos theta t - 4.9t^2, solve for t This needs to go into an Excel spreadsheet; I don't need the actual value of t, as theta's value changes (0 to 90). I just need help rearranging it in order to enter the equation into my spreadsheet (so it's t = something). If it...
A fence is to be built to enclose a rectangular area of 250 square feet. The fence along three sides is to be made of material that costs 5$ per foot, and the material for the fourth side costs 14 dollars per foot. Find the length L and width W (with W<= L) of the enclosure that is most...
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?