1 last square root : Rationalize the denominator 5/sqrt+sqrt= 5*sqrt-sqrt/ sqrtsqrt5*sqrt-sqrt= 5sqrt-5sqrt/sqrt-sqrt+sqrt- sqrt= 5sqrt-5sqrt/-16 = 5sqrt-5sqrt/ -2
An urn contains 5 white balls and 3 black balls. Two balls are drawn at random from the urn. What is the chance that both balls are white?
marcy has a total of 100 dimes and quarters. if the total value of the coins is $14.05, how many quarters des she have?
A single ball is drawn from an urn containing 10 balls numbered 1 thru 10. What is the probability that the ball chosen is an odd-numbered ball or a ball with a number less than or equal to 5?
A family has three children. Assuming the change of either a boy or a girl is equal (50% each), what is the chance that the family has three girls given that the first child is a girl.
How can you differentiate an arithmetic sequence from a geometric one? Please provide a specific example to support your response.
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?