H(w)=constant*w And the height is 10 and the width is 15
Can you walk me through this statistics problem? A game of chance involves rolling a 16-sided die once. If a number from 1 to 3 comes up, you win 4 dollars. If the number 4 or 5 comes up, you win 9 dollars. If any other number comes up, you lose. If it costs 3 dollars to play, what is your...
A game of chance involves rolling a 16-sided die once. If a number from 1 to 3 comes up, you win 4 dollars. If the number 4 or 5 comes up, you win 9 dollars. If any other number comes up, you lose. If it costs 3 dollars to play, what is your expected net winnings
A raffle has a grand prize of a Alaskan cruise valued at $5500 with a second prize of a weekend in San Diego valued at $500. If each ticket costs $3 and 11800 tickets are sold, what are the expected winnings far a ticket buyer? Express to at least three decimal place accuracy in dollar form (as...
Jeff is producing an outdoor concert. He estimates that he will make 3200 dollars if it does not rain, and make 1000 dollars if it does rain. The local weather station (which we'll assume is accurate in giving forecasts) predicts that the chance of rain is 25 percent for the day of the...
In a WORD doc, develop the solution to the following problem:
In a WORD doc, develop the solution to the following problem: Find the dataset in STATDISK that corresponds to Data Set 16 in Appendix B. Find the regression equation, letting the first variable be the predictor (x) variable. Find the best predicted braking distance for a car that weighs...
find the solution set for x^2+9x=0
As the manager of a bank, you are going to install two burglar alarms systems, which function independently of each other. Each has the same probability of failure. Your insurance stipulates at least one system must be working 9989 times out of 10000. In order to achieve that level with two...
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?