One day I came onto campus I noticed that there were funnel shaped cups placed at evenly spaced intervals. A sprinkler was on and these cups were registering how much water landed at evenly spaced distances away from the sprinkler. The data in the spreadsheet shows the distance each cup was away...
Need help rewriting these expressions without negative exponents. Then simplifying. 1) (3x^3y^-4)^-3 (-4x^2y^-5)^2 2) (2x^-2y^3)^-2 3) x^-5y^3 / x^-2y^4
The formula b=29a is used in New England to estimate the minimum furnace output, b, in BTUs, for a modern house with a square feet of flooring. a)Determine the minimum furnance output for a 2100 ft2 modern house. b) solve the formula for a.
How many ways can 9 cars be parked in 9 different parking spaces?
Suppose Frank owns 8,000 shares of Company X and 6,000 shares of Company Y. The total value of Franks holdings of these two companies is $400,000. a. Write equations for Bob and Frank's holdings. Use the variables X and Y to represent the values of shares of Company X and Company Y.
Find the indicated output for f(x)=4x2-4
a 25 foot rope is used to keep a boat 18 feet away from a dock. The rope connects to the boat at the level of the water. What is the angle formed between the rope and the level of the water to the nearest tenth of a degree?
Assume y varies directly as x find the constant of variation k if x equals 24 and y equals 6
justin had $41 before spending dollars on jeans. How much money remains?
2y+1 divided by y2-y-6
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?