sparrows and pigeons sit on a fence. when 5 sparrows leave, there remain 2 pigeons for every sparrow. then 25 pigeons leave and the ratio of sparrows to pigeons becomes 3:1. What is the original number of birds?
Study Example 2 and solve Check It Out! (p. 590): Finding Measurements of Triangles and Trapezoids 2A. Find the area using the formula above by substituting in the values of b1, b2 and h. A = (b1 + b2 ) h 2B. Find the base of the Triangle using the formula A = x2(in2)...
I need a neat memory aid for any topic in Calculus AB.
Consider this equation: x2 - 2xy + 4y2 = 64 A) write an expression for the slope of the curve at any point (x,y) B) Find the equation of the tangent lines to the curve at the point x = 2 C) find d2y/dx2 at (0,4)
how do you integrate 8e^(-0.3t)-3
darts are thrown at random at a board, if a dart hits the board, find the probability that it will land in the shaded area, rectangle with 6 circles
what is the greatest possible sum of two consecutive integers whose product is less than 400
Solve using the quadratic formula 3x^2-1=5x
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?