Connecticut has license plates that have 4 letters and 2 numbers. How many different license plates can there be? (There is a law in Connecticut that you cannot use the letters "I" or "L" or the number "0" in your license plates.) You can...
. A study in which researchers measure or observe characteristics of the sample members
3+x ---- 2xsquared+5x -3
A trough is 10 ft long and its ends have the shape of isosceles triangles that are 3 ft across at the top and have a height of 1 ft. If the trough is being filled with water at a rate of 12 ft^3/min, how fast is the water level rising when the water is 6 inches deep?
Larry has an annual return of $213 from $3000 invested at simple interest, some at 5% and the rest at 8%. How much is invested at each rate?
Two minor league baseball players got a total of 262 hits. Washington had 18 more hits than Sanchez. Find the number of hits for each player.
Two minor league baseball players got a total of 304 hits. Washington had 14 more than sanchez. Find the number of hits for each player
The perimeter of a standard high school basketball court is 268 ft. The length is 34 ft longer than the width. Write the two equations that allow you to ... www.coursehero.com/.../3009-The-perimeter-of-a-standard-high-school-basketball-court-is-268-ft-
The speed of a passenger train is 20 mph faster than the speed of a freight train. The passenger train travels 290 miles in the same time it takes the freight train to travel 190 miles. Find the speed of each train.
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?