10. In a recent survey, 70% of single men indicated that they would welcome a woman taking the initiative in asking for a date. A random sample of 20 single men was asked if they would welcome a woman taking the initiative in asking for a date. What is the probability that at least 18 of the...
Find all complex numbers z such that z^4=1. Represent your answers graphically in the complex plane.
Show that if z is a nonzero complex number, then there are exactly two complex numbers w such that w^2=z. if z is in polar form,describe w in polar form.
A forensic scientist uses the expression 72.6 + 2.5T to estimate the height in centimeters of a female with a tibia of length T centimeters. If a female skeleton has a tibia of length 32.4cm, then what was the height of the person? Find the length of your tibia in centimeters, and use the...
shopkeeper decides to get rid of small change by rounding all payments at the check-out to the nearest 10 cents.If the amount ends in 5 cents,he gives the customer the benefit.On one day he serves 800 customers.Assuming that the number of 'odd cents' are randomly distributed.find the...
First sketch the region of integration, and then evaluate R xy dA where R is the region bounded by the lines x = 0 , y = x and x + y = 2
The area of a rectangle of length l and width w is given by the formula A = lw. Ann's backyard is rectangular with a length of 36.8 yards and a width of 27.9 yards.Find the area of Ann's backyard.
Find the area of the lateral surface over the curve C in the xy-plane and under the surface z = f(x,y), where the lateral surface area is is given by the integral below. f(x,y) = x + y C: x^2 + y^2 = 9 from (3, 0) to (0, 3)
Viny needs 420 points to have a B average in Math. His scores so far are 88, 89, 79, and 77. What is the minimum score he can make on the next test and maintain the B?
round 9.136 to the nearest hundredth
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?