Getting 15% discount on a new chrysler sebring. Helen paid 27,000. Find the original price to the nearest dollar
Find the local maximum, local minimum, and inflection points for y = 2x2 3x 20
p(x)= -0.3^2 + 60x - 1500
train A is 20 mph slower than train B, If train A travels 190 miles and it takes train B to travel 290 miles in the same distance, How fast is each train going?
convert rectangular equation to polar equation 4x-3y=12
Traveling time. After leaving Moose Jaw, Hanson drove 200 kilometers at x km/hr and then decreased his speed 20 km/hr and drove 240 extra kilometers. Make a table like the one in problem 87. Write a rational expression for his total traveling time. Evaluate that expression for x = 100 km/hr.
A page for a journal contains 70 square inches of type written words. The height of a page is twice the width. If the Margin around the type is to be 2 inches uniformly, what are the dimensions of a page.
A 50 foot rope hangs from the top of a pole. When pulled taut to its fullest length the rope reaches a point on the ground 18 feet from the base of the pole. Find the height of the pole to the nearest tenth of a foot. Let p equal the height of the pole.
Triangle QRS with vertices Q(-6,0), R(12,0), and S(0,12). Find the equations of the three perpendicular bisectors of the sides of triangle QRS.
A building 240 feet tall casts a 30 foot long shadow. If a person stands at the end of the shadow and looks up to the top of the building, what is the angle of the person's eyes to the top of the building (to the nearest hundredth of a degree)? (Assume the person's eyes are 4 feet above...
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?