An unevenly heated plate has temperature T(x, y) in C at the point (x, y). If T(2, 1) = 139, and Tx(2, 1) = 18, and Ty(2, 1) = -12, estimate the temperature at the point (2.02, 0.98). Give your answer correct to 2 decimal places. Tried taking 0.02 of 18 and adding to 139, then subtracting...
"A company noted the following relationship between its sales and operating expenses: 2004 sales of $20,000 and operating expenses of $4,000 2005 sales of $24,000 and operating expenses of $4,100 2006 sales of $18,000 and operating expenses of $4,400 2007 sales of $30,000 and...
You have won a court judgment that will pay you $17,000 in 5 years. You have determined that the value of a dollar will decline by 2 percent each year during the next five years. You have also determined that a 4 percent risk premium would be appropriate for the unknown foreseen risks that may...
You have just received your master s degree and will need to pay off your school loan of $86,000 as a lump sum in 12 years. If your assessed total risk of money value erosion is 5 percent and you do not make any payments during that 12 years, how much would you need to deposit into a savings...
Your company will invest $43,000 in a Widget investment this year. If the investment pays off, you have determined a future cash stream of $11,000 at the end of year 1, $22,000 at the end of year 2, $28,000 at the end of year 3, and $51,000 at the end of year 4. You have determined total risk...
are you gay?
A normal distribution has a mean of 43 and a standard deviation of 8. What percent of the population values are below a value of 35? ______ What percent of the population values are above a value of 57?
consider a train station to which customers arrive in accordance with apoisson distribution having rate
The length of a rectangle is two times its width. If the perimeter of the rectangle is 96cm , find its length and width.
A goldsmith has two alloys that are different purities of gold. The first is three-fourths pure gold and the second is five-twelfths pure gold. How many ounces of each should be melted and mixed in order to obtain a 6 oz mixture that is two-thirds pure gold?
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?