2. Let f (x) = (1 + x + x2 ) sin(x3 ). a) Find the first ten terms of the Maclaurin series of f . Use series that you know already! B) What is f (10) (0)?
1. Compute the simple interest earned when the principal, rate, and time of the loan are as given. Find the present value of the money in the following: $7000 due in 4 years, if the money is worth 6% compounded semiannually. How many years will it take to double $1000 at 4% interest compounded...
9. The population of a city of 60,000 is expected to increase at a rate of 4% per year for the next 10 years. What will the population be at the end of 10 years?
Get a 90% confidence interval for the true percent of all potential customers will be interesting in buying the product. [.076, .164] 3. If 15% of a sample of 80 students taking a certain college course have grades of A, find a 95% confidence interval for the true percentage of students of this...
(4) Other, including topographic features or changes in elevation. Diusion: 3-dimensional, 2-dimensional, 1-dimensional Stability: Air mass in which there is relatively little vertical mixing per unit of horizontal distance traveled is called stable; if the amount of vertical mixing is much...
(a) If no repetitions of letters are permitted, how many possible license plates are there? (b) If no letters and no digits are repeated, how many license plates are possible? Problem 35.6 A combination lock has 40 numbers on it. (a) How many different three-number combinations can be made?...
(a) If they can get 5% APR compounded monthly, how much do they need to deposit each month? (b) How much do they actually put into this savings plan and how much is interest?
A linear combination of two independent normally distributed random variables is distributed how?
(3) Open the website listed at the top of this labsheet, and select the following: MODE: Edit Edges SHAPE: Rectangle You can choose any two (different) colors on the menus at the bottom of the work area of the applet. Now click on the Tessellate button. Describe or draw what your screen looks...
T ] = [S] [T ]? (c) If S, T are subsets of a vector space, is [S T ] = [S] [T ]? (d) Is the span of the complement equal to the complement of the span?
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?