120, where x is the number of cases of key chains sold. (a) What is the largest number of cases she can sell and still make a prot?
The easy way to figure this out is to let x = 0. Then y = f (0 + c) = f (0), so the value of f (x) at c is shifted to be the value of f at 0. Thus the graph is shifted a distance c to the left . Similarly, the graph of y = f (x - c) is that of y = f (x) shifted a distance c to the brackets causes...
For example, here is a function that computes the average of the elements of a vector: function retval = avg (v) retval = sum (v) / length (v); endfunction If we had written avg like this instead, function retval = avg (v) if (isvector (v)) retval = sum (v) / length (v); endif endfunction and...
2. While leaning out of your apartments window, you notice a) that is is a warm and sunny day, b) that the line of sight to the top of a nearby tree makes an angle of 45 degrees above the horizontal, and c) that the line of sight to the base of the tree makes an an angle of 30 degrees below the...
2004 Pearson Education, Inc. But Which Normal? The CLT says that the sampling distribution of any mean is Normal. But which Normal model?
Let A, B and C B be sets. We make B A into a probability space by selecting functions from A to B uniformly at random. (a) What is the probability that a random f is an injection?
P + q, the two are logically equivalent. (c) In two valued logic, p P is a tautology. Is this true in fuzzy logic?
Area of base Height. Where P is the number in the population at time t years after some starting date. How much will the population increase in the first 10 years?
In order for Peter to be watching, in the ordinary meaning of the word, he must have the ability to see. Something must also be the cause of the projection, whether projected on the wall or TV Statement (13) is also . an obviously entailed statement, but in a different sense. As it necessarily...
Find the equation of the line tangent to the curve y + sin(2x + y) = 2 at the point (x, y) = ( 2). An object is dropped from a height of 160 feet above the ground. Neglect air resistance and use g = 32 feet per second per second for the acceleration due to gravity. With what velocity does the...
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?