The amount of torque which must be generated by the biceps brachii at the elbow in order to maintain the arm in a particular position is 50Nm. If the biceps attaches to teh radius at a perpendicualr distance of 3 cm from the joint center at the elbow, how much force must the muscle produce?
The perimeter of a rectangle is 218in. The length exceeds the width by 47in. Find the length and width.
Is the following linear programming formulation for the attached problem (Problem 3) correct?: min 100X + 125Y + 140Z s.t. 0.16X + 0.14Y + 0.10Z <= 0.155 0.35X + 0.42Y + 0.38Z <= 0.40 0.18X + 0.15Y + 0.19Z <= 0.20 X <= 500 X + Y + Z =...
1.Use mathematical induction to prove that 2-2*7+2*7^2-.....+2(-7)^n=(1-(-7)^n+1)/4 whenever n is a nonnegative integer.
Use Lagrange multipliers to find the dimensions of the box with volume 343 cm3 that has minimal surface area.
Identify the type of statement using the hierarchy of connectives. p q q r
the radius of the circle is 11.1cm, the radius CM is perpendicular to the chord LK, and MQ measures 3.4 cm. What is the lenght of the chord LK? Express your answer to the nearest tenth of a centimetere.
In 2006 the population of Mexico was 107.4 million. If Mexico s population continues to grow at an annual rate of 1.43%, then the population in 2028 will be 107.4(1.0143)^14 million. Find the predicted population in 2020 to the nearest tenth of a million people.
graph the system of inequalities x is less than or equal to 2 and y is greater than or equal to -2x+2
suppose A=QR and Q and R are n x n ,R is invertible and upper triangular and Q has a property that Q^t Q= I . SHow that for each B in R^n the equation AX=B has a unique solution
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?