Solve by completing the square: x^2+8x+3=0
$5900 is invested, part of it at 10% and part of it at 9%. How much is invested at each rate to yield $562
need math olympiad training
If one pen costs dollars, what is the cost, in dollars, of pens?
How do you divide 538000 by 0.19
A POLL SHOWED THAT 61% OF AMERICANS SAY THEY BELIEVE THAT LIFE EXISTS ELSEWHERE IN THE GALAXY. WHAT IS THE PROBABILITY OF RANDOMLY SELECTING SOMEONE NOT HAVING THAT BELIEVE?
192 meals is what percent of 960 meals?
What are the answers for numbers.. 7 and 8
A rancher has 20000 linear feet of fencing and wants to enclose a rectangular field and then divide it into four equal pastures with three internal fences parallel to one of the rectangular sides. What is the maximum area of each pasture?
A surveyor wants to measure the distance across a lake from point A to point B. He selects a third point, C, which is 4 miles from point A and 5 miles from point B. He then measures the angle ACB to be 80o. Find the distance from A to B, rounded to the nearest tenth of a mile
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?