a box with no top is to be formed from a rectangular sheet of cardboard by cutting 4 cm. squares from the corners and folding up the sides.The length of the box is to be 2 cm.more than its width,and its volume is to be 252 cubic cm.
The probability that a student passes the ENEE 324 mid-term exam given that he/she studied is 0.8, and the probability that he/she passes given that he/she did not study is 0.1. For this mid-term exam, the probability that a student studied is 0.9. What is the probability that a particular...
X X 3 X 1
The desert temperature, H, oscillates daily between 38 F at 5 am and 74 F at 5 pm.
john has a total of 13 coins in his pocket. of the 13 coins, they are all either quarters of dimes. the total value of the coins is 2.50 how many quarters does john have in his pocket
if five angles of a heptagon have measures of 80, 85, 175,90,and140 and if the other two angles are congruent what is the measure of each of the other two angles
A report states that 46% of home owners had a vegetable garden. How large a sample is needed to estimate the true proportion of home owners who have vegetable gardens to within 3% with 96% confidence?
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?