a test has normal distribution of scores with mean= 500 and standard deviation = 150. If one person is chosen at random, what is the probability that this person's score is less than or equal to 305?
Alan Jones observes that two-year zero-coupon bonds yield 3.2%, two-year 10% bonds with annual coupons yield 3%, and the one-year spot rate is 1.8%. Describe how he might use this to make money without tying up any of his own money
I am thinking of a number. 33 more than twice my number is 87. what is my number?
Commuting to work: On Monday, Roger drove to work in 45 minutes(.75h). On Tuesday, he averaged 12 miles per hour more, and it took him 9 minutes (.15h) less to get to work. How far does he travel to work?
a rectangular garden is 25 ft wide. if its area is 1125ft, what is the length of the garden
+ (.0825 x 30) + (15% x 30)
solve 143x + 227y by euclid's algorithm
Find each of the following indefinite integrals, identifying any general rules of calculus that you use. integral x^3/2 * ln(6x) dx (x>0) integral 1/sqrt((1-x^2)*arcsinx) dx (0<x<1)
Find an equation of the tangent line to the curve y(x) = (9/(sin(x)cos(x))+(3sin(x)/(sec(x)cos(x)) at the point (1/5 Pi, y(1/5 Pi))
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?