What is the least amount of material that can be used to make a soup can with a circular base and closed top with capacity 6 cubic inches?
-12x+y=20 what is the y-intercept. What does the x intercept?
Worker efficiency. In a study of worker efficiency at Wong Laboratories it was found that the number of components assembled per hour by the average worker t hours after starting work could be modeled by the formula N(t) = -3t3 + 23t2 + 8t. a) Rewrite the formula by factoring the right-hand...
Is y=15 x +6 a solution for the equation of point 4,15
The base of a triangle is 193(159) cm. What is the height of the of the triangle if the area of the rectangle is 1919 2(1512) cm.2?
A balloon is rising vertically above a level, straight road @ a constant rate of 4 ft/sec. Just when the balloon is 28ft.above the ground, a bicycle moving @ a constant rate of 10ft/sec passes under it. How fast is the distance s(t) between the bicycle and balloon increasing 3 seconds later?
3x-8y=45 6x +45=y
Appendix F Buying a Home For most people, buying a house is a great investment that can offer security in an uncertain world, but buying a house is also a commitment. Application Practice Answer the following questions. Use Equation Editor to write mathematical expressions and...
. In 1968 17.6% of high school grades for college freshmen consisted of A's (A+, A, or A-). On the average, this has increased by approximately 0.83% per year. a. Write a formula for the nth term of the arithmetic sequence that models the percentage of high school grades of A for college...
The number of tickets sold each day for an upcoming performances of Handel's Messiah is given by N(x)=-0.4x^2+11.2x+11, where x is the number of days since the concert was first announced. When will daily ticket sales peak and how many tickets will be sold that day?
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?