Need help solving...
A thick slab of polymer composite at 40C is immersed in a large stirred oil bath kept at 4C. A thermocouple 1.3cm below the slab's surface reds 26.2C after 3 minutes. What is the thermal diffusivity of the slab?
Please an attachment file
A plane lands at 260 kms per hr. The mass of the plane is 400 tons. All 16 rear wheels contact ground at the same time. The lift of plane at the moment of touch down is 95% of plane's wight. The coefficient of kinematic friction between the runway and its wheels is 0.5 The mass of one...
A solid homogeneous cylindrical disk is released from rest at the top of an incline. Its radius is 0.15 m, its mass 5 kg, the incline angle 30 degrees. The static and kinetic coefficients of friction are 0.15 and 0.1 respectively. 1. What is the acceleration of the center of disk? 2. What is...
A brass rod AB of D mm diameter is attached to the base of a cylindrical brass vessel CD, the cross-sectional area of which is 325 x 10 m . Vessel CD is attached to a fixed support at C, and a plug E is attached to end A of the rod. Knowing that the modulus of elasticity of brass is 105 GPa,...
what is plastic
How does the T-S diagram of problem#1 look like ?
Hi Albert I can only pay $150 for 6 questions. There are more questions on the way if I satisfied of your answers. Please see an attachment file bellow. Thank you
Two equal masses are connected on either side of a pulley. One of the masses rests on an inclined plane with angle of inclination of b. The other one hangs in mid air. The moment of inertia of the pulley about its axis of rotation (the center of mass lies on the axis of rotation) is Ig....
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2