Air enters the compressor of a cold air-standard Brayton cycle with regeneration at 100 kPa, 300 K with a mass flow rate of 6 kg/s. the compressor pressure ration is 10 and the turbine inlet temperature is 1400 K. The turbine and compressor each have isentropic efficiencies of 80% and the...
Air enters the compressor f a regenerative gas turbine with a volumetric flow rate of 3.2*10^4 ft^3/min at 14.5 lbf/in^2, 77 F, and is compressed to 60 lbf/in^2. The air then passes through the regenerator and exits at 1120 R. The temperature at the turbine inlet is 1700 R. The compressor and...
what affect do lines have on the painting " Landscape of Yellow Birds"?
What is different methods of gas turbine engine performance simulation?
The acceleration of the car is defined by a=(2t^2+t)m/s^2. Find the position of the car at t = 3 seconds. The car starts from rest.
The acceleration of the car is defined by a=(2t^2+t). Find the position of the car at t = 3 seconds. The car starts from rest.
The acceleration of the car is defined by . Find the position of the car at t = 3 seconds. The car starts from rest.
The jet bike is moving along a straight road with the speed described by the v-s function below (v in [m/s] and s in [m]). Determine the s(t) function and a(s) function respectively. v(s)=2s^(2/3) 0<s<216 v(s)=-0.5s+180 216<s<360
The question and the diagram are in the attached file. Two balls are being rotated in a horizontal plane as shown. Ball A travels in a radius of 2 ft, with a tangential acceleration of 2 ft/s2, and a velocity of 4 ft/s at this moment. Ball B travels in a radius of 2.8 ft, with a tangential...
A painter is standing on a work platform that is 27 feet above ground level. For fall protection, the worker s safety harness D-ring is attached to a 12-foot shock absorbing lanyard that is securely fastened to the structure at a point 40 feet above ground level. Does this arrangement violate...
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2