The rigid gate,OAB, of Fig. P2.58 is hinged atO and rests against a rigid support atB. What minimum horizontal force,P, is required to hold the gate closed if its width is 3 m? Neglect the weight of the gate and friction in the hinge. The back of the gate is exposed to the atmosphere.
1. A composite aluminium alloy ( E= 72GPa and v = 0.33 ) cylinder is made up of an inner cylinder with inner and outer diameters of 80 and 120mm, respectively, and outer cylinder with inner and outer diameters of and 120 and 240mm, respectively. The composite cylinder is subjected to an internal...
"Air is compressed under steady flow conditions, see Figure Q3. The power input to the compressor is 3 kW. During the process the specific heat loss from the compressor is measured to be 20 kJ/kg. The mass flow rate of the air is 0.04 kg/s. The velocity of the air entering the compressor...
Knowing that crank AB rotates about point A with a constant angular velocity of 900 rpm clockwise, determine the acceleration of the piston P when = 120 .
A projectile enters a resisting medium at x 0 with an initial velocity v0 900 ft/s and travels 4 in. before coming to rest. Assuming that the velocity of the projectile is defined by the relation 0 v v kx, where v is expressed in ft/s and x is in feet, determine (a) the initial...
A composite aluminium alloy ( E= 72GPa and v = 0.33 ) cylinder is made up of an inner cylinder with inner and outer diameters of 80 and 120mm, respectively, and outer cylinder with inner and outer diameters of and 120 and 240mm, respectively. The composite cylinder is subjected to an internal...
Please see attachment 46. Thanks!
Please see attachment 42. Thanks!
418 Ibs. needed to be lifted 21 feet high, how many foot pounds of work must be done?
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2