Write a program that will take a given speed (in m/s) and solve for the number of minutes it takes to travel to the sun (93 million miles) matlab
a hydraulic system has a mechanical advantage of 4. If a smaller piston has a diameter of 5 inches what is the diameter of the larger piston?
Can you help me out with the question 4, and 5?
For Lab number 4 Structural Dynamics Analysis, i'm having trouble answering these questions. For this experiment, we limited our analysis of the structure s frequency response to the spectral domain of 200 Hz. Did you note any peaks in the transfer function at frequencies beyond...
Please see attached for the problem. thank you!
how could i calculate the atomic packing factor of a 0.68 for the bcc metal structure
The manometer in the diagram below consists of a small bore U-tube with enlarged ends on which atmospheric pressure is acting. The inside diameter of tube C is 7 mm, and the inside diameters of both A and B are 44 mm. The oil used has a specific gravity 0.83 and a further increment of pressure on...
6. For a spinning solid circular disk of radius a and constant thickness, the maximum stresses occur at the center of the disk and are given by: (3 ) 2a 2 4 t r s =s = +n rw where st is the tangential stress, sr is the radial stress, n is Poisson's ratio, w is the angular velocity, and r...
An epoxy matrix composite containing both HS (such as T-300) carbon fiber and E-glass fiber is to be formulated such that the cost/ kg is to be equal $ 8.00/ kg. It is desired to keep the total fiber volume fractionequal to 60 %. What are the required mass fractions of the carbon fiber, glass...
what is a real world object between 200 and 400 cubic inches.
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2