The plastic block shown is bonded to a rigid support and to a vertical plate to which a 240 kN load P is applied. Knowing that for the plastic used, G = 1050 MPa, determine the deflection of the plate.
describe what flatness is
the rotating shaft shown in the figure is machined from AISI 1040 CD steel
The concentration of F (in wt percent) that must be added if this substitution occurs for 10.3 % of all of the original hydrogen atoms
An airplane flies 400 miles with the wind and 300 against the wind in the same length of time. If the speed of the wind is 20 mph, what is the speed of the airplane in still air?
The weight of the bucket is W = 1000 lb. The cable passes over the pulleys at A and D. Determine the axial forces in members IK and JL.
3.29 Two tow trucks lift a 660 lb motorcycle out of a ravine following an accident. If the motorcycle is in equilibrium in the position shown, what are the tensions in cables AB and AC?
whats the diameter of a tootsie roll?
A triangular field with vertices OPQ has sides OP equal 402 m, PQ equal 388 m, and QO equal 254 m . find perpendicular distance from the vertex P to the opposite side.
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2