A mass of 6 kg lies on a smooth horizontal table, and is attached by a spring to a fixed point, as shown in the figure below. The spring has a stiffness of 350 N/m. If the mass is given a displacement, x = 0.75 m, to the right, and is then released, by neglecting the effect of friction,...
A symmetrical trapezoid plate has the following dimensions:? The widths of the parallel sides are respectively 2.50 ft and 4.50 ft. The perpendicular distance between those sides is 1.50 ft. The plate is submerged in a liquid is a vertical position with the parallel sides horizontal and the...
Air enters an adiabatic nozzle steadily at 300 kPa, 470K, and 30 m/s and leaves at 100 kPa and 180 m/s. The inlet area of the nozzle is 80 cm2. Determine a. The mass flow rate through the nozzle b. The exit temperature of the air. Use Table C.2 for h(T). (Answer: 454.6K) c. The exit area of...
how to calculate dimensions of a connecting rod which has a axial force of 60000N acting on it
advantages and disadvantages of steel ruler?
A 250 mm bar of 15mm x 30 mm rectangular cross-section consists of two aluminum layers, which are 5 mm thick each, brazed to a center brass layer of the same thickness. If the bar is subjected to centric forces of magnitude P = 30 kN and knowing that EA = 70 GPa and EB = 105 GPa, determine the...
The motion of a particle in defined by the relation x = t3 15 t2 20, where x is expressed in metres and t in seconds. Determine the acceleration of the particle at t = 3 seconds.
I don't understand any of it and can't find the answers on the internet.
plaise can you tell me how can i find the mathematic modele of taguchi method
An air conditioner in the airport of Timbuktu runs a cooling system using R-410a with a high pressure of 1500 kPa and a low pressure of 200 kPa. It should cool the desert air at 45 degrees C down to 15 degrees C. Find the cycle COP. Will the system work?
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2