Labratory measurements show that when a certain material has a grain diameter of 2.33x10-2 mm it's yield strength is 107 MPa. When the material's grain diameter decreases to 1.84x10-2 mm it's yield strength increases to 117 MPa. When the average grain diameter is increased to...
Why the difference between engineering strain and true strain becomes larger as strain increases?
z = x12 + 5x22 + 10x32 4x1x2 + 6x1x3 12x2x3 2x1 + 10x2 + 5x3,
An isolated chamber with rigid walls is divided into two equal compartments, one containing gas at 600 k and 1 Mpa and the other evacuated. the partition between the two compartments ruptures. compute the final T, P and Delta S: a- an ideal gas w/ Cp/R= 7/2 b- Steam
I am taking Dynamic class. Our project for this class is to "DESIGN OF A RETRACTABLE AIRCRAFT LANDING-GAR MECHANISM". This project is from "ENGINEERING MECHANICS DYNAMICS 10th ed, R.C.Hibbeler " page 373. Here is the problem again The nose wheel of a...
The boom OA carries a load P and is supported by two cables as shown. Knowing that the tension is 510 N in cable AB and 765 N in cable AC, determine the magnitude and direction of the resultant of the forces exerted at A by the two cables.
How do I test if a gardrail can resist 900 newtons?
how to save the data from our calculation, example we get permittivitt for freq 1-50GHz, so we get 50 data of permittivity and how to save it in another extention....
a large tower is to be supported by a series of steel wires.it is estimated that the load on each wire will be 11100N.determine the minimum required wire diameter assuming a factor of safety of 2 and a yield strength of 1030MPa
" if each rod is to have a size"
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2