EXPLAIN THE MECHANISM OF THE WINDED WATCH.THE SIZE OF THE SPRING TO DELIVER FOR THREE HOURS.
The 6 x 12 in timber beam has been strengthened by bolting to it the 5 x in steel reinforcement shown. The modulus of elasticity for wood is 1.8 x 106 psi and for steel is 29 x 106 psi. The beam is bent about a horizontal axis by a couple M = 450 kip-in. What is the maximum stress in the...
A vessel with a volume of 0.0011 m3 is filled with dry saturated steam at a pressure of 95 kPa. It is then sealed and cooled to 250C. Determine the amount of heat that must be removed.
Please help on the attached assignment. I dont know how to answer the quesitons because my teacher didnt go over this and Im an A student so please can you fill in the questions.
Consider 6.0 kg of austenite containing 0.45 wt% C, cooled to below 727 degrees Celcius (1341 degrees Farenheit). a) What is the proeutectoid phase? b) How many kilograms each of total ferrite and cementite form? c) How many kilograms each of pearlite and the proeutectoid phase form? d)...
i am stive ember.
The position of the 20-lb rod AB is controlled by the block shown, which is slowly moved to the left by the force P. Neglecting the effect of friction, use computational software to calculate and plot the magnitude P of the force as a function of x for values of x decreasing from 30 in. to...
a 10 degree wedge is to be forced under end B of the rod
Incropera 6e 3.76
What is the concentration of FeCl3 in a solution prepared by dissolving 20.0 g of FeCl3 in enough water to make 275 mL of solution?
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2