a 100 pound ball is suspended from a wall by a rope that is pulled asided by a horizontal rope B and held so that rope A makes a angle of 30 degrees with the vertical wall. Find the tension in ropes A and B?
i want answer helical theared
Consider a metal single crystal oriented such that the normal to the slip plane and the slip direction are at angles of 43.1
the motion of a 6500 lb boat is arrested using a bumper which provideds a resistance as shown in the graph.
draw fcc model on solid works?
wat is the conclusion of bending stress experiment?
A 2.5-liter, four-stroke cycle SI engine using multipoint port fuel injection has an idling speed of 300 RPM (AF = 13.5 and v = 0.12) and a maximum WOT speed of 4800 RPM (AF = 13.5 and v = 0.95). Injectors have a constant mass flow rate at all conditions. Design an injection system for this...
In Figure below, a charged particle moves into a region of uniform magnetic field , goes through half a circle, and then exits that region. The particle is either a proton or an electron (you must decide which). It spends 108 ns in the region. (a) What is the magnitude of ? (b) If the particle is...
The system is at rest in the position shown, with the 12-lb collar A resting on the spring (k = 20 lb/ft), when a constant 30-lb force is applied to the cable. What is the velocity of the collar when it has risen 1 ft? The collar is attached to the spring. Use the work-energy method. Answer: 8.45...
fundamental heat and mass transfer - internal flow 8.4 An engine oil cooler consists of a bundle of 25 smooth tubes, each of length L=2.5 m and diameter D=10 mm. a) If oil at 300K and a total flow rate of 24kg/s is in fully developed flow through the tubes, what is the pressure drop and the...
Ask a new Mechanical Engineering Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this Thermodynamics question:
- A closed, rigid tank whose volume is 1.5 m3 contains refrigerant 134a, initially a two phase liquid-vapor mixture at 10C. The refrigerant is heated to a final state where temperature is 50C and quality is 100%. Locate the initial and final states on a sketch of the T-v digram. Determine the mass of vapor present at the initial and final state, each in kg.
2. Can you show me step-by-step how to determine the phase or phases in a system consisting of H2O at the following conditions and sketch p-v and T-v diagrams shown the locations of each state?:
- a) P= 80 lbf/in^2, T= 312.07 F
- b) T= 400 F, P= 360 lbf/in^2